Re: Improving browsing and discoverability in the Packages Menu

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: Improving browsing and discoverability in the Packages Menu
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 14:03:55 +1000

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

i would find it very useful just to be able to visually 'hide' things i consider to be clutter whilst browsing. For instance: i no longer use the `autocomplete` package, so all the packages beginning with ac- are of no interest to me.

Maybe one way to hide those "ac-*" packages is to let the user state "I won't install package <foo>" so that all packages which (transitively) require <foo> get greyed out or hidden.

i'd certainly be happy with that also. :-)

Alexis.