Re: need help

From: Zack Piper
Subject: Re: need help
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 19:44:09 +0200

On Sun, May 03, 2015 at 01:30:19AM +0800, 哪天的晚风 wrote:
>     I don not know where to ask my questions.
> So please regret me for asking some easy questions, which I really do not
> know.

Don't worry, asking questions is how you learn. :)

> In emacs source code:
> 1. Where is the definition of DEFSYM, I can not find it in lisp.h now.

`M-x describe-function RET defsym RET` tells me it doesn't exist at
all for me, so probably not at all for anyone.

> 2. Where is the definition of the struct emacs_globals, I can not find it in
> all the source .c .h files
>     in emacs-master source code which I get from github.

`emacs_globals` is mentioned at:

- line 116 of src/alloc.c
- line 3, and 1009 of src/globals.h

> 3. Can you give me some advice for reading the emacs source code ?

Well, learning C and LISP is a good start, and learning to use `grep`
(I assume you're on Linux or a platform like it) is great for finding things.

--
Zack Piper <address@hidden> http://apertron.net