Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 255a011: Add `save-mark-and-excursion', which h

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 255a011: Add `save-mark-and-excursion', which has the old `save-excursion' behavior
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 15:00:38 -0400

> There ought to be a file-local variable marking early-loadup files that
> tells the compiler to warn about certain otherwise-safe facilities.

IWBNI, but at the same time, it's pretty difficult to clearly
characterize that which is safe and that which isn't (and our bootstrap
is pretty close to the edge at various places, so the details do
matter).

I'm not sure it's really worth investing much effort into it.

        Stefan "who'd rather aim for a different bootstrap method to get
                rid of the prooblem"