Re: Looking for an elisp developer for php mode extensions

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Looking for an elisp developer for php mode extensions
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 23:44:11 -0400

> Stefan, you might find this thread interesting
> https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/2tt9ml/wanted_php_mode_maintainer/ -
> seems that the current maintainer is worried he won't be able to take care
> of the legal stuff needed to assign the copyright to the FSF (~60
> contributors). Maybe you can offer some advice of the subject.

I can help sort things out for the copyright assignments, of course.
The main issue is whether the information exists about who
contributed what.  After that, we can see which of those contributors
has already signed paperwork, which of the remaining ones has
contributed a small enough amount that it can be considered trivial,
which of the remaining ones has contributed code which has since
been rewritten, and then try and contact the remaining ones to get them
to sign the paperwork.  And finally see what to do with the remaining
chunks of code authored by people we can't find or unwilling to sign
the paperwork (such code is typically very old, so it's often a good
opportunity to revamp it).

        Stefan