Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9d35bb8: Fix minor quoting problems in doc stri

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9d35bb8: Fix minor quoting problems in doc strings
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 19:49:01 -0700

   This is like `(let ((v ,EXP)) ,EXPS) except that `v' is a new generated

If we're sure that quotes will be paired

Although the quotes that we want to curl are paired, there are other stray grave accents and apostrophes that we shouldn't curl.

the above example is simply missing a ' after the closing paren.

Are you sure? The first grave accent looks like a quasiquote, so there shouldn't be a closing apostrophe. Those commas are clues that it's a quasiquote.

Here's my current draft regexp to catch the quotations we want to curl:

A bit tricky, but could be worse. Newlines are allowed, as some doc strings break these quotes across line boundaries (e.g., info node references).