Re: What would an "An Official" GNU Emacs Book look like?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: What would an "An Official" GNU Emacs Book look like?
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 04:45:36 +0900

Richard Stallman writes:

 >   > You've written, improved, and instigated a lot of software and its
 >   > documentation, and at least advocated free hardware, in the 25 years
 >   > since that speech.  No?  It is a shame you have nothing to say about
 >   > those years.
 >
 > It would be a shame, if I were instead doing nothing important.

I acknowledge that what you do is important.  But is it important that
*you* do it?  If it's essential that *you* do it, it's a shame that 30
years after the GNU Manifesto you believe that there is nobody who
could and would do those important things in your stead.  At least
long enough for you to write a book.