Re: etags test is broken on MS-Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: etags test is broken on MS-Windows
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 22:33:27 +0300

> Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 09:44:00 -0700
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > I already said I didn't mind, although I don't think it's an
> > improvement.
>
> Isn't it an improvement in the sense that it makes TAGS files portable
> between
> MS-Windows and other platforms?

Yes, it is, which is why I said I didn't mind.

> That is, with the attached patch one can create a TAGS file on
> GNU/Linux and use it on MS-Windows and vice versa, and it works the
> same either way.

We'll get the same result -- platform-independence of TAGS files -- if
we use the Windows variant of the code, with the added advantage that
the Lisp part will not be needed, and reading the data from TAGS will
be slightly faster.

But again, I don't mind it either way.