Re: [Emacs-diffs] master f9fabb2 2/2: Merge branch 'master' of git.sv.gn

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master f9fabb2 2/2: Merge branch 'master' of git.sv.gnu.org:/srv/git/emacs
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 17:40:45 +0300

> From: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 10:13:49 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> - I've tried to push, but I was said that it's not possible because the
>   previous merge wasn't finished.

You should have finished it (whatever that means; you didn't show
enough info about that to tell what else needed to be done).

> - ERROR: I've reverted all open changes in my Emacs repository.
>
> - I've pushed.

Not sure how it is possible, nor what "all open changes in my
repository" means here.  I think it's important to analyze and
understand what happened, in order for you to make sure you don't make
such mistakes in the future.

> I must claim, that I'm still in fight with git. After a merge conflict,
> it let's *other* items edited I have never touched, and I often don't
> know what to do :-(

What exactly do you mean by "it let's *other* items edited I have
never touched"?  Can you show an example?