Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 02:06:30 +0900

Richard Stallman writes:

 >   > Actually, you are the one engaging in ad hominem attacks here, by
 >   > making statements about me personally
 >
 > I am criticizing what you say.  That's not ad-hominem.

No, you criticize *me*, writing:

    What we get from you is ad-hominem attacks, over and over.

    I changed my mind in this discussion, but venom for those you
    disagree with never changes.

That is most definitely ad hominem, and indeed you know it to be
untrue.  You have had a number of experiences of perfectly courteous
exchanges with me, as have many on emacs-devel, despite disagreement.

 > But you are spewing contempt at other people, calling them a
 > "lobby".

Only in their role of advocating that non-ASCII characters be
prohibited in contexts where I believe they would be useful.  I myself
am lobbying for experimentation with non-ASCII characters in Emacs
syntax.  I see nothing "contemptuous" in that word, and nothing in
several online dictionaries suggests that it is offensive.

 > > When did you change your mind in this discussion, and about what?
 >
 > Reread my messages and you will see.

Why are you evading a simple question, and refusing to share
information you certainly have?  Rereading would be both tedious and
unreliable.  Because your posts are very short, and with minimal
quoting for context (and rarely any attribution of quotations), it can
be very difficult to establish context for your words.