Re: Make M-x woman respect display-buffer-alist

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Make M-x woman respect display-buffer-alist
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 18:02:57 +0200

Hi Kaushal,

> I was trying to make the WoMan buffers open as I intend to using
> display-buffer-alist. But that was not working.

I guess your message got lost here, better make a bug report, and
better include a patch than the whole changed code.

> can that change be made in the master?

I think it would be an improvement.

The very same applies to eww:

(defun eww-setup-buffer ()
  (switch-to-buffer (get-buffer-create "*eww*")) ; <-----
  (let ((inhibit-read-only t))
    (remove-overlays)
    (erase-buffer))
  (unless (eq major-mode 'eww-mode)
    (eww-mode)))

Maybe there are more cases.  It's surely worth discussing.

Regards,

Michael.