Re: Feature Request: Function to quote filenames

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Feature Request: Function to quote filenames
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 14:53:14 -0400

> interesting, it worked for me just now -- not sure why I hit an error
> when I last tried. I likely did somethign else that messed it up -- --
> but in general, I've had trouble with quoting arguments from elisp to
> the shell.

Quoting is tricky business, and it's easy to mess it up. But details
matter, and in most cases the problem is not that shell-quote-argument
doesn't work right, but that it's not called on the right data, or it's
not called at all, or the result is then later massaged incorrectly,
etc...
Once you have a concrete problem case, file a bug report.

        Stefan