Re: bug#20968: 25.0.50; Be able to specify the output directory for `byt

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: bug#20968: 25.0.50; Be able to specify the output directory for `byte-compile-file'
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 20:44:49 +0100

>> When I search (via, say, DuckDuckGo) for answers to a particular
>> problem, I generally find that the answers I find in stackoverflow are
>> generally more directly usable and of higher quality than what I may
>> find elsewhere.
>
> Then we may wish to make our answers better and more usable as well.
> Again, if we want to; it doesn't sound to me people are too
> enthusiastic about this.

Yes, I find it a bit hard to be enthusiastic about it. There's nothing
wrong with trying to make help-gnu-emacs better, but as long as it's a
mailing list it's going to have a very hard time being highly ranked
in search engines.

Besids, to have other sites dedicated to Emacs is only a sign of a
healthy (and dedicated) community. If we're worried that that
information might go away without notice, we could archive it
ourselves (that's pretty trivial, even).