Re: Tooltips GC overhead

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Tooltips GC overhead
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 19:09:10 -0400

>> So maybe one other idea is to skip faces that are obviously unused in
>> tip frames.
> Hmmm...  Maybe I should reduce the number of my faces.  They seem to
> cause a combinatory explosion.

I guess we (c|sh)ould optimize frame creation algorithmically
(e.g. making face-spec-recalc lazy so that the faces are "recalc"ulated
only if needed).

I'm a heavy user of frames, and I've never been satisfied by the time
needed to create a new frame, so I'd be happy to see some improvement in
this area.

        Stefan