Re: Unified project interface

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Unified project interface
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 14:04:40 -0500

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

>> I'll take that as agreeing to add the functions project-add-search-path
>> and project-add-ignores to project.el
>
> Not really. I don't think we should mess with a project backend's
> internals.

Well, yes; these should not be user level functions. But it would be
nice if any backend could use them to build the project object.

As you keep saying, "elisp does not have a project backend", so the
user is forced to kludges for elisp projects.

>> Given all of the above, I'll make an attempt to write Ada and JDEE
>> project backends, using recursive paths. We'll see how that goes.
>
> Hopefully, you'll make that attempt anyway.

Yes. I'll write what I need, and if there are functions/data structures
used in both JDEE and Ada project backends, I'll propose them as
additions to the project API.

It turns out I'm also writing a more complete elisp backend as well.

--
-- Stephe