Re: frame.el: call before-make-frame-hook earlier in make-frame

From: Florian
Subject: Re: frame.el: call before-make-frame-hook earlier in make-frame
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 11:16:33 +0200

> > > That is a viable solution, but it has the drawback that you have to
> > > override a
> > > default key-binding (C-x 5 2) with your own make-frame function and that
> > > you do
> > > not benefit from the nice things that 'make-frame-command' additionally
> > > does for
> > > you a) at the moment (setting the focus to the new frame etc)
> >
> > Here `make-frame-command' does only
> >
> >   (interactive)
> >   (if (display-graphic-p)
> >       (make-frame)
> >     (select-frame (make-frame))))

So, according to your advice I wrote my own 'make-frame-command' function that
is now bound to the normal 'C-x 5 2' key-sequence and calls make-frame with
dynamic parameters to place the window under the mouse cursor. That works quite
ok. But this is not the only way I create additional frames. The other way I
open new frames is by using emacsclient. How could I let emacsclient create the
new frame using my own version of make-frame-command?

Thanks,
Florian