Re: Severe lossage from unread-command-events

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Severe lossage from unread-command-events
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 12:08:44 -0400

>> An element of the form (t . EVENT) forces EVENT to be added to that list.
> This talks about a different kind of "recording", the one that stores
> keyboard input in this-command-keys.  My changes don't touch that (at
> least I hope they don't ;-)

I'm not sure it's really unrelated.  The issue is that we don't want
events to be recorded twice if you "replay" them (i.e. do something
along the lines of (push (read-event) unread-command-events)).

>> The code in keyboard.c is complex to a degree where I do not trust
>> myself to venture a guess regarding the nature of the right fix.

This applies to everyone else as well :-(

> > recording.  Quite the nuisance.  So  I'll remove the t thing again and
> > will see how I fare then.

I think you need to use "the t thing" since your events aren't replays.

        Stefan