RE: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ce1d38: Use curved quotes in core elisp diagno

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [Emacs-diffs] master 9ce1d38: Use curved quotes in core elisp diagnostics
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 16:16:29 -0700 (PDT)

> > >      Use curved quotes in core elisp diagnostics
>
> > And there we go, sneaking curved quotes everywhere in the Elisp
> > source files. FTR, I hate that.
>
> No big surprises here, but so do I.

And I.  (No surprise here either.)

It was obvious that this "experiment" would not be just that.

> Paul, people have got to edit these files.  Doing this has rarely
> been easy.  Polluting them globally with non-working characters
> is going to make this even more difficult and much less pleasant.

But surely no such consideration is as important as Paul's sense
that `...' is, hmm, ugly?

A small sacrifice for Paul's cosmetology.
A giant leap of somekind.
The Eagle will keep landing.

> Revert this change, please.

Good luck with that.