Re: Please stop putting curly quotes into doc strings!

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Please stop putting curly quotes into doc strings!
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 09:55:30 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> The only thing I'm asking for is that curly quotes in files  where
>> they exist be removed so  the codebase goes back to a pristine state.
>
> I think this is already done,

git grep ‘

disagrees.  While the bulk of occurences may be either programmatic or
descriptive, there is a fair share of format strings, manual contents
(not sure whether that transfers well to all Texinfo backends,
particularly PDF), change log entries, comments, dunnet (?!) and others.

I have not looked further into this and it's quite likely that a number
of those have been done at various points of time rather than being part
of the recent large systematic changes.  At any rate, for people feeling
strongly about the issue, there is still opportunity for improving the
consistency of the code base.

--
David Kastrup