Re: find-file-project

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: find-file-project
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 07:56:36 -0500

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> On 09/16/2015 06:26 AM, Stephen Leake wrote:
>
>> Do you have a use case where the `dir' argument to `project-ignores' is
>> not ignored?
>
> DIR is just as described: one of the project roots, for example. If
> those roots are different Git repositories, naturally they'll have
> different sets of ignores. That's a use case I expect in practice.

Right. And .gitignore, .cvsignore can occur in any directory.

.mtn-ignore also can contain path information.

I'll rework my implementation to handle this, using project-ignores.

One question; what does "To root an entry, start it with `./'.  " mean?
How does that affect the intended matching?

--
-- Stephe