Re: New maintainer

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: New maintainer
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 08:25:09 +0200

Andreas Röhler <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 05.10.2015 um 23:20 schrieb Dmitry Gutov:
>> [ ... ]
>> We really don't have enough volunteers.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> Might the FSF copyright assigment policy being a major cause here?

For me the copyright assigment policy hasn’t been an obstacle to
contribution in another GNU project.  What keeps me from contributing to
Emacs is just this peculiar mix of not knowing enough details and time
spent on other projects.

I found a list of simple tasks that new contributors could tackle in
another project (the Hurd) very encouraging, leaving only time
management as a reason not to contribute.

Copyright assignment is a one-time thing and it doesn’t take much time.

~~ Ricardo