Re: New maintainer

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: New maintainer
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 23:48:20 +0300

On 10/05/2015 11:16 PM, Jay Belanger wrote:

That's the point.  It sounded like Richard was saying that in that case,
Emacs shouldn't take advantage of it.  How else could

Right. Since the GCC support would only be "theoretical".

If it really works usefully with GCC -- if that is not just a theoretical
idea -- then I won't object to its supporting other compilers as well.

be interpreted?

Works usefully with GCC *now*, or whenever the feature in question is introduced.

While I personally disagree with that stance, it's good to understand clearly the current state of this issue.