Re: IDE

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: IDE
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 19:32:15 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> Cc: address@hidden
>> From: Przemysław Wojnowski <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 19:05:38 +0200
>>
>> W dniu 11.10.2015 o 18:04, Eli Zaretskii pisze:
>> [...]
>> >
>> > I think you forgot profiling.
>>
>> I don't know you and, most probably, we're in different cultures, but if that
>> was a sarcasm
>
> It wasn't.  AFAIR, a profiler is indeed an important part of at least
> one popular Jave IDE.

Associating the output of gprof and gcov (and perf) with the
corresponding sources (possibly also selecting traced areas) and
allowing editing based on the results would certainly fit what
developers have to do.  Leafing through a profiled call graph while
displaying the corresponding source files in a parallel window: clear
IDE functionality.

Not sure why that would be sarcastic.

--
David Kastrup