Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 12:38:08 +1100

Camm Maguire <address@hidden> writes:

Has anyone ever considered using GNU gcl to translate lisp into (very fast) C?

Well, a couple of months ago, Pascal Bourguignon wrote:

I'm writing a C parser in CL, so that I may read the C sources of CL, and then translate them into maintainable CL. Then I will be able to compile a CL GNU emacs core, that would be 100% bug-for-bug compatible with GNU emacs, and on which you could run all the .el (and even .elc) you'd want.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2015-08/msg00137.html

Alexis.