Re: Adding to ELPA?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Adding to ELPA?
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 07:56:54 +0200

Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> writes:

> On 11 Oct 2015 7:09 pm, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > Couldn't you distribute the package with it?
>>
>> It does not really make all that much sense since this package is a
>> generic MIDI input package with lots of potential uses, [...]
>
> Sorry, I should have expressed myself better. I meant momentarily, while we
> wait for 25 to be released.
> I agree this is a nice package, and should be generally available.
>
> I'm just thinking your users are going to try to install the package
> and it's going to fail because of the 25 dep, and then they're going
> to Google for Emacs 25 and won't find it.

There are a number of packages in ELPA with an Emacs 25 dependency.

packages/el-search/el-search.el:;; Package-Requires: ((emacs "25"))
packages/iterators/iterators.el:;; Package-Requires: ((emacs "25"))
packages/svg/svg.el:;; Package-Requires: ((emacs "25"))

What makes them different?

--
David Kastrup