M-x eww performance

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: M-x eww performance
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:47:53 -0400

Hi all,

I have noticed that eww opens web pages fine in emacs -Q.

But when using my emacs config, my emacs gets bogged down when I try to open certain web pages in eww. A recent example is http://www.braveclojure.com/basic-emacs/.

By "bogged down", I mean that once I do M-x eww and yank that link, whole emacs would freeze and I would need to repeatedly hit C-g to abort whatever was going on in the background. A few times, I had to resort to kill -9 from the terminal. This issue does not happen in emacs -Q. And also this issue is not something recent.. I have seen this to happen on/off only for certain web pages, ever since I started using eww (which is awesome!).

Before I start to gradually comment out my emacs init to debug this, I was curious if anyone else saw this too and found any of the common minor mode packages to be the culprit.

I am using the latest emacs from trunk.

​Thank you.

--
Kaushal Modi