Re: master 069a0e4: Sync with soap-client repository, version 3.0.0

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 069a0e4: Sync with soap-client repository, version 3.0.0
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 20:41:24 +0200

> From: Thomas Fitzsimmons <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 00:25:43 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> To reduce tedium and precisely represent authorship and history within
> the Emacs repository, maybe it would make sense to add emacs-soap-client
> as a Git subtree, like GNU Elpa allows for externally-hosted projects.
> Is that an option for the main Emacs Git repository?

We need to be able to produce a ChangeLog from the Git commit log, see
ChangeLog.2.  That is why Glenn requested to include proper commit
logs when merging.

I see that you maintain a ChangeLog file in the repository.  Can't you
simply copy that into the merge commit log, after deleting the
date-and-name headers?  That would go a long way towards solving the
issue without undue hardships for you, I think.