RE: [Emacs-diffs] master 4d3a595: `load-path' should contain only direct

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [Emacs-diffs] master 4d3a595: `load-path' should contain only directory names
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 14:02:39 -0700 (PDT)

> But "directory name" is a term which already has another
> meaning elsewhere.  I'm fine with "directory file name" for the
> "non-slashed version" but for the slashed version we need something
> *else* than either of those two.
>
> This way, when we say "directory name" it will mean what everybody else
> means by it.

Staying out of this discussion, generally.  I'd just offer that in
any context where the difference really matters, it's perhaps a good
idea not to _rely_ on just the (correct) name, but to instead add
text that makes things clear.  E.g.:

  "... a directory name, with or without trailing slash"
  "... a directory name, with trailing slash"
  "... the `directory-file-name'"
  "... a directory file name (no trailing slash)"

(And of course cross-reference the node(s) that define the terms.)