Re: Exposing Isearch toggleable options

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Exposing Isearch toggleable options
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 11:54:59 -0700

> I've been an emacs user for ~2 years now. I think some minimal documentation
> / toggles in the magit spirit would go a long way in demystifying the emacs
> behavior.

I use this module to achieve something similar:

    https://github.com/justbur/emacs-which-key

I'd be happy to see this moved into core, with a customization option
mentioned in the tutorial for enabling it globally.

I'm not so sure about it being a global default, however. It can be very
annoying to users who don't want it. Not every use case in Emacs fits the
"Magit pattern", such as Isearch (as I mentioned in another message).

John