vc-tests.el: vc-state

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: vc-tests.el: vc-state
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 18:38:18 +0100

Hi,

in vc-tests.el test cases vc-test-<backend>02-state, vc-state is
tested. This function returns different results for different
backends. See the comments in vc-test--state:

;; Create empty repository.  Check repository state.
;; nil: Hg Mtn RCS
;; added: Git
;; unregistered: CVS SCCS SRC
;; up-to-date: Bzr SVN

;; Check state of an empty file.
;; nil: Hg Mtn SRC SVN
;; added: Git
;; unregistered: RCS SCCS
;; up-to-date: Bzr CVS

;; Write a new file.  Check state.
;; nil: Mtn
;; added: Git
;; unregistered: Hg RCS SCCS SRC SVN
;; up-to-date: Bzr CVS

;; Register a file.  Check state.
;; added: Git Mtn
;; unregistered: Hg RCS SCCS SRC SVN
;; up-to-date: Bzr CVS

;; Unregister the file.  Check state.
;; added: Git
;; unregistered: Hg RCS
;; unsupported: CVS Mtn SCCS SRC SVN
;; up-to-date: Bzr

I have no idea what the correct state shall be, it looks to me strange.

Furthermore, there is no documentation about in doc/emacs/maintaining.texi.

Best regards, Michael.