Re: lexical-binding causes a lot more GC, why?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: lexical-binding causes a lot more GC, why?
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 12:07:12 -0700

> I thought lexical-binding should always result in perf gains, does anyone
> know why this could be happening?

Hi Le, would it be possible to create a test that takes the memory-use-counts
before some activity, then after, with and without lexical-binding enabled, so
that we could fail if lexical-binding has bad behavior? I think that should be
more efficient, so I'd love to pin this down in an isolated case.

John