Re: JSON mode

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: JSON mode
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 00:54:48 +0000

> But I wonder if someone with Emacs 24.5 would be able to download the current json-mode from MELPA, i.e. whether it would be shadowed by the new version in ELPA (that requires 25.1), or not.

It won't. When multiple versions are available from different archives, package.el shows all of them.

Upgrading is a little annoying though. In 24.5, if you hit U in the package menu after having installed one version, package.el will gladly try to install any newer version available. In this case it will even try and fail if you don't meet the 25.1 dependency.
Both issues are fixed now.