Re: Freeze is almost here

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Freeze is almost here
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 15:36:53 +0200

> From: David Engster <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 13:57:34 +0100
>
> David Engster writes:
> > I see now that master was merged into emacs-25. Is this now the new
> > workflow? If so, there's not much point in keeping gitmerge.el anyway.
>
> Sorry, forget what I said. I forgot the we don't freeze master anymore,
> so I guess this was a one-time merge just to forward emacs-25. I was
> just confused because git couldn't detect the cherry-picks, but this is
> because of this merge from master.

Could you describe the conditions necessary for gitmerge to detect
cherry-picks?  I see that it uses --cherry-mark, but would that mark
cherry-picks whose commit message was edited by "cherry-pick -e"?
(That editing is necessary to add "Backported", at least.)

Also, what about the effect of the "cherry-pick -x" switch, does
affect gitmerge in any way?