Re: Posting new feature proposals on the wiki?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Posting new feature proposals on the wiki?
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 08:52:47 -0800

> If we want this program for purposes of Emacs maintenance, we should put it
> into Emacs or GELPA. Who are the authors, and will they/have they assigned
> copyright?

Really it's just the Wiki that I'd like to use for the purposes of Emacs
maintenance, and yaoddmuse.el just makes it an easier service to manipulate.
I'll have to track down the various authors of yaoddmuse.el, and see if they
have all signed CA papers.

> Or is there a better way to make Emacs support this feature? For instance,
> could extending Emacs's existing browsing packages do the job in a more
> general way?

We'd only need to reimplement a subset of what yaoddmuse.el does, I think.
Although, yaoddmuse.el does the job well, so it would be even better to avoid
that.

John