Re: project.el semantics

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: project.el semantics
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 21:06:05 -0500

  > I think Dmitry and I talked about a more general way of yielding metadata
  > associated with project-related "entities" (mainly directories and files in
  > this version), and that this metadata could indicate recursion, or even how
  > perform the recursion. For example, it could be recursion with a file name,
or
  > i-node testing, predicate.

There is something to watch out for, here: extra conceptual levels can
make the system and/or its manual harder to understand.  This can be a
net loss, if the extra levels don't do a lot of good and if you can't
make them invisible to beginning users.

I don't know the details, so I won't venture to say that that WILL happen
in this case, but it is something to think about.

--
Dr Richard Stallman