Re: Dynamic modules: MODULE_HANDLE_SIGNALS etc.

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Dynamic modules: MODULE_HANDLE_SIGNALS etc.
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 13:29:49 -0800

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
it would be a maintenance burden to have to
     analyze upon each such change whether emacs-module.c needs some
     augmentation.

While that's true in general, I think some exceptions are OK. E.g., it's OK if emacs-module.c assumes that ASIZE is a simple access function or macro that doesn't throw signals. If we actually changed ASIZE to throw signals, there's a boatload of other code we'd need to change as well, and changing emacs-module.c wouldn't add much more to the maintenance burden.