Re: First draft of the Emacs website

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: Re: First draft of the Emacs website
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 20:38:02 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you for your efforts.

You're welcome!

> I think the current look is already better that the homepage we have
> now, but nevertheless, I think it exemplifies one of my pet peeves in UI
> design: using different contrast levels in different parts of a web page
> (or an application).

I understand what you mean, but disagree with you.  Each section has on
purpose its own set of primary and secondary colors, going from a dark
grey with the Emacs colors (slightly warmer set of colors), down to the
red of the FSF.

> (*) Regarding the "Releases" color set, I think it's good

Thank you, I will see about making the "Releases" section darker though,
and see if and how I can adjust the secondary colors of this section.

> , and I'd rather you did something to the second section: it jumps out
> as very high-contrast, for some reason.

I can try to lower the contrast of the background gradient a bit, but I
won't do it too much.

Nico