Re: First draft of the Emacs website

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: First draft of the Emacs website
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 11:44:47 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
>> Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 10:42:37 +0100

>> > Because all the cool guys use it?
>>
>> You got me there.
>
> Maybe the Web site should have this somewhere, then.

Shrug.  Emacs is where the cool guys go when they have work to do.  In
particular, Emacs is not what the "cool guys" call a "chick magnet".
The Emacs developer list is less frequented by women in my impression
than the average gay bar.  In Victorian England.

So while we all love each other dearly, I am not sure we'd be doing us
much of a favor by overadvertising how uniformly wonderful all of us
are.  Give people a chance to discover it on their own.

--
David Kastrup