Re: Disabling visual lines for macros

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Disabling visual lines for macros
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 00:33:55 +0100

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> This should be done first anyway, by David, to test whether it's as
> useful as he thinks it is. Otherwise, we're just debating an idea
> without facts. We don't even know if this would address any of the
> performance issues raised by this thread.

The "performance issue" should be beside the point.  However, I rather
doubt that if the performance issue was related to visual line movement
that the keyboard macro in the test did the same job as the Emacs
competitor: visual line movement would likely cause the results to
differ even when run in two frames with different fonts and/or frame
width in the same Emacs session.

--
David Kastrup