Re: Document that symbol prefix "my-" (or other) should be left for user

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: Document that symbol prefix "my-" (or other) should be left for users
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 20:56:17 +0200

Drew Adams [2015-12-13 10:32:20-08] wrote:

>> So I suggest making such promise and documenting it in info
>> page "(elisp) Coding Conventions"
>
> Why?  What is the problem for which this would be a good solution?

> Did you encounter a real problem in this area?

I have had zero problems but it's also near-zero effort to decide a
prefix, document it and obey it. And yes, it's for avoiding name
conflicts: so that user's configuration won't harm future Emacs
functionality, nor the other way around.

But it's just a suggestion. I'm not going to have a month long
discussion about this. So just ignore it. :-)