Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 25e461c 1/2: Fix visiting files with raw-text

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 25e461c 1/2: Fix visiting files with raw-text
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 15:25:33 -0500

> -     Fset_buffer_multibyte (Qnil);
> +     if (inserted > 0)
> +       bset_enable_multibyte_characters (current_buffer, Qnil);
> +     else
> +       Fset_buffer_multibyte (Qnil);

Hmm... IIUC if (inserted > 0) we need bset_enable_multibyte_characters
because Fset_buffer_multibyte would try to convert the chars we
just inserted.

And IIUC we recently switched to Fset_buffer_multibyte in order to
handle the case where the buffer was not empty when we started (in
which case we need to convert the content that was present before we
started insertion).

So, IIUC if the buffer was not empty to start with *and* (inserted > 0),
then we have a problem because neither function is right.

Or did I miss something?

        Stefan