Re: Restoring the org-freemind-to-org-mode function

From: Mark Edgington
Subject: Re: Restoring the org-freemind-to-org-mode function
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 07:00:45 -0500

On Dec 21, 2015 5:14 AM, "Vaidheeswaran C" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Note: I would like to ensure that the file moves out of it's current
> obscure place in contrib/lisp of Orgmode to a more visible place like
> GNU ELPA before I expend any efforts on improving it.

Why is ELPA less obscure than org-contrib?  It would seem that every org mode installation (e.g. Ubuntu packages) will include the org-contrib source files, though they aren't enabled by default.  Not including then in org-contrib will effectively remove them from all debian based Linux distributions, and from git based installations..

ELPA is a fine place for it, but does it require for it to not be in contrib?