Re: [elpa] master 88578a4: Increase the default number of hits

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: [elpa] master 88578a4: Increase the default number of hits
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 23:35:18 -0500

Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> If enough people tell me that this issue is affecting them, I will ask
>> FSF if we can have more memory. At the moment it seems to me that you
>> have an atypical way of working (no offence meant!).
>
> Well, not a lot of people are using debbugs-gnu at all.  And I suspect
> that's because the defaults are less than ideal.  :-)

I've got to admit I don't use it, I use the web interface to search.

I don't want to stand in the way of people getting work done.
If it was my own server, I would add more memory.
But with it being an FSF resource, I'm reluctant to ask for a bigger
share of the pie. Maybe this is a silly attitude? For all I know,
they have memory sitting around unused...

So I guess I'll defer to whatever the group wisdom decides.

But it sounds like maybe Michael solved this in software in the meantime?

BTW, if there's a way to limit the number of simultaneous SOAP
connections, that should probably be implemented on the server too.

Another random thought - is it possible to implement some local cache,
so only changed bugs are fetched? This could be a silly or impractical
idea, feel free to ignore it - I'm totally unfamiliar with the implementation.

In summary: shout at me if I need to do a thing.