Re: generalization of follow mode, to arbitrary pices of the buffer

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: generalization of follow mode, to arbitrary pices of the buffer
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2016 10:05:42 +0600

On Sat, Jan 2, 2016 at 1:42 AM, Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Does anybody know about a generalization of follow mode which does the
> following:
> After a vertical split of the buffer, I scroll, say the right window
> down 100 lines.
>
> Then I activate the generalized follow mode and now any scroll movement
> on one of the windows is done on the other window as well.

I sometimes wonder about a further generalization of that.
Occasionally it would be useful to have (loosely) synchronized
scrolling of two windows displaying different buffers. The windows in
question might be in the same or different frames.

(Use cases: translations between languages; reviewing or
hand-correcting results of an automated format conversion.)