Re: Emacs Mac port

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Emacs Mac port
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 20:53:14 -0800

> Speaking for myself: I do not use any form of the Mac port, but instead use
> the NS port (under Mac OSX), because I want to track the mainline (or the
> release candidate when such exists). From what I’ve seen, there are things
> in the Mac port that I would like to have (e.g. with regards to select), but
> I forgo in order to help (minimally) emacs development.

Thanks, Chad, this highlights a reason beyond the personal why I'd like Mac
Port in the main-line: I recommend it every Mac user I know, but many are not
willing to go through the extra effort of patching their sources to build it.
Instead, they download binaries from emacsformacosx.com, and never get to
experience how nice Emacs can be on OS X.