Re: bug#22145: 25.0.50; tramp and auto-revert tests hang on OS X

From: CHENG Gao
Subject: Re: bug#22145: 25.0.50; tramp and auto-revert tests hang on OS X
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 05:14:51 +0800

*On Sat, 09 Jan 2016 13:05:11 -0800
* Also sprach John Wiegley <address@hidden>:

>> A nonfree program tramples the freedom of those who use it. If we were
>> running MacOS on a computer, it would take away our freedom. Of course, we
>> don't do that.
>
> One thing we should clarify: Mac OS X is Darwin + some proprietary libraries.
>
> Darwin is free/libre software, and all its source code is downloadable[1].
> This is how the Nix project on Mac is able to be so self-contained.

I don't mean to intrude in discussion, though it's entirely off-topic.
Please forgive me.

Thank you John. I know NixOS by name but no more, from your message I
got to know Nix that can handle package on MacOSX. Seems good. Thank you
for let me know this. Besides I keep on eyes on Guix, and hope someday
it can be a PM under MacOSX.