A line-blinking library in ELPA?

From: Clément Pit--Claudel
Subject: A line-blinking library in ELPA?
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 19:51:22 -0500

Hi all,

I'm writing a package that targets Emacsen before 22, so I can't use
xref. Still, I do have a very simplistic jump to source feature, and xref's
blinking would be nice to have.

I could:
* make my package depend on beacon (written by Artur), and use beacon-blink.
* make my package depend on hl-line+ (written by Drew), and use
flash-line-highlight.
* make my package depend on crosshairs (written by Drew), and use
crosshairs-flash.
* copy xref-pulse-momentarily (written by Dmitry), and use it.
* write my own line blinking

Did I miss other options? Given the number of re-implementations of that
feature, maybe this functionality would be a good candidate for an ELPA package?
I imagine it might be hard to do for xref-pulse-momentarily since core needs it
(and we don't have core ELPA yet), so maybe beacon-blink? Artur, what do you
think?

Clément.