Re: tags-loop-continue

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: tags-loop-continue
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 19:18:11 +0300

On 01/10/2016 07:08 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Those commands are very deficient without tags-loop-continue.  The
idea is that you iterate through many files, doing whatever you do in
each one of them.  If you cannot continue the loop, these commands are
so much less convenient as to be almost useless.

Ok, I agree we should provide some access to it.

> We cannot decide that commands are unimportant just because no one
> yells the moment we make such changes.

Not the moment we made that change, nor in the months that have passed since.

These are powerful commands,
and it's quite expected that they are not used every day.  It doesn't
mean they are not used at all, or that they can be removed or ignored.

A command that isn't used every day can afford to have a less convenient binding, or have its binding changed sometimes.

Ahem... if the documentation update was done back when the code
changes were made, we would be having this discussion in time, instead
of doing this now.

That's beside the point.

The lack of user complaints so far is a strong data point.