Re: Why not processing emacsclient's command line arguments with user de

From: Constantin Kulikov
Subject: Re: Why not processing emacsclient's command line arguments with user defined functions?
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 10:10:25 +0300

> Can you elaborate

What to eleborate here? You want a new feature for emacsclient so you go and patch C source. Tomorrow you'l want a new commandline option.
So why no one here think about general solutions?

Emacslisp solution is always better than C. (Hooks, hooks must be everywhere in emacs)

How it could be implemented:
(I'd say that we can use the same command-line-functions and command-switch-alist but it could break backward compatibility, so it'll better to use a new variables I think -- emacs-client-argumet-string or something.)

1. emacsclient searches for 'connection related' arguments because they are needed to know how to connect to the daemon.
2. emacsclient sends the full arguments string to the server.
3. server calls user(and predefined) hooks which must examine and do manipulations on that string.