Re: Making `interactive' conditional

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Making `interactive' conditional
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 18:55:29 +0100

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> A demonstrative implementation of this feature can be done without
> instrumentation. Instrumentation is the "right" way, but is not a necessary
> way. We shouldn't think core needs to be changed before we can try out a
> fancier M-x.

The implementation of the stuff in `M-x' is trivial: Don't complete to
commands that are/aren't marked in a certain way.  What will take real
work is instrumenting the commands.  (One way or the other.)

Making changes and then seeing improvements in Emacs immediately would
be a great motivating factor, I think, to get people to do this stuff.