Re: Asynchronous DNS

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Asynchronous DNS
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 10:46:16 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 08:46:32 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Please also be sure to update the documentation for the new features.
>
> I don't think there's anything to document.

Is the below still correct and accurate, including the values of the
argument with which the sentinel will be called?

    :nowait BOOL
          If BOOL is non-`nil' for a stream connection, return without
          waiting for the connection to complete.  When the connection
          succeeds or fails, Emacs will call the sentinel function,
          with a second argument matching `"open"' (if successful) or
          `"failed"'.  The default is to block, so that
          `make-network-process' does not return until the connection
          has succeeded or failed.

What happens if the async DNS fails?

Also, do we want to allow for testing this separately in the likes of

  (featurep 'make-network-process '(:nowait t))

> A mention in NEWS may be appropriate, though, but even there I'm not
> sure.

I am sure it's appropriate.  Please do, and thanks.